Welcome to the
At our 107 Riverside Place Indialantic location something very cool is happening that has never been seen before in Brevard county or perhaps anywhere in the State. We are creating a Kurort. It is a German word meaning a healing place. Traditional Northern European healing practices of Sauna and Cold submersion therapy are now available here in Indialantic. More than that, this area will include a turf area as we build out an outdoor gym. We will soon obtain further performance and healing technologies to include hyperbaric oxygen therapy (coming late May/June), red light therapy and more as we grow. This will be an elite membership exclusive to only a select few who will be given keycode gate access to this area for unlimited self-access whenever they need. Membership will cap out quickly so early adopters who don't mind our dust as we continue to build out the Performance Arena and support our mission can keep their spot.
All inclusive benefits:
Fingerprint access whenever you need.
Morozko Cold forge
HBO2 - with EHR self-scheduling link for sessions
Traditional barrel sauna with HUUM stones.
Outdoor functional training turf area with kettlebells, sled etc.
Outdoor squat rack, bench press, and eventually dumbells up to 100lbs
X3 resistance band system x2
Private gate with lock combination for self access. Outdoor shower to rinse off between sauna and cryo,
ETA more weights- and more fun things TBD as finances allow
We are filling up already and will be capping membership to keep this exclusive and private and a space for healing and optimal performance.
$70/month per person
+ $100 registration fee (includes passkey and tutorial for cold/heat.)
Iron DPC members can request this service added on to their existing membership with special pricing.
There are medical conditions that may prohibit your use of these devices. Please read the agreements carefully that will be emailed to you (check spam) (i know you just want to skim through them but it is important here.) Your membership will not be approved until signed. You will not be able to access the area until tutorial is completed (Thursdays at 6:30pm)
About Cryo and the Morozko
The Morozko Ice Bath is the first ice bath that can maintain freezing cold temperatures. Unlike a cold tub, a cold plunge, or a cold shower, Morozko ice baths make their own ice. Water filtration and ozonation ensure that you enjoy crystal-clear cold water, empowering you to practice daily deliberate cold exposure year-round.
Cryotherapy has numerous benefits including: significantly improving osteoarthritis, reducing viral illness, reducing white adipose tissue (inflammatory and cardiac risk type of fat) and reducing lipid particles and triglycerides more potently than atorvastatin! Ooops did I say that? See below.
Northern Europeans, the Romans and the Ottoman Empire have used traditional heat and steam type saunas for centuries as a therapeutic tool long before modern medicine. Sauna has seen a resurgence in popularity as science has demonstrated the truth to these old traditions. Some of the highlights of sauna include reduced cardiac mortality (by half in some studies). Sauna provides detoxing from toxins. Detoxing is a buzz word, but I point those cynics towards the METHCOPS study and more.
Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead, and Mercury in Sweat: A Systematic Review: “Mercury levels normalized with repeated saunas in a case report.”
Methamphetamine exposure and chronic illness in police officers: significant improvement with sauna-based detoxification therapy METHCOPS
Sauna treated police officers suffering chronic illness due to methamphetamine exposures: “Treatment components include (1) 20–30 min of aerobic exercise, (2) comprehensive nutritional supplementation including increasing doses of niacin (vitamin B3), and (3) moderate-temperature sauna therapy, with breaks every 30 min for fluid and electrolyte restoration, totaling about 4 h daily. Treatment is given each day until maximum gains are achieved (typically 4–6 weeks)... with heat source (15,000 W capacity, 240 V, and 62.5 A) is a ceramic coil surrounded by granite stones, maintaining a stable 160°F temperature at 5 ft above the sauna floor… these study data suggest that thyroid and androgen dysfunction and neurotoxic effects might appropriately be assessed. Those with chronic symptoms may benefit from the treatment programs (such as this one) that have been shown to improve health and reduce residual pollutant chemical burden.”
Patients spend thousands of dollars and travel far seeking hyperbaric oxygen treatment. We are changing that dynamic with the HPA membership to include the HBO2 in the membership. You will require training to operate it safely, which Lynne Hartmann provides for $60/session. But once you are confirmed as capable of operating the system safely, you will have unlimited access at no charge. Add to that, a self-scheduling system using our EHR, you will be able to book sessions ahead of time. Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy has many benefits, and it some cases may be more beneficial and more appropriate than the hospital grade HBO2. See discussion below with FNP Chris Kleronomos on mHBO2
The HPA also has a PrismLight Pad for use.
Summary of research: Red and near-infrared light penetrate deeply into body tissues, where they impart their benefits by enhancing mitochondrial energy production.
• Cytochrome C oxidase is needed for oxygen use by cells. If you inhibit cytochrome C oxidase, a healthy cell turns into a cancer cell.
• Cells make free radicals called nitric oxide when exposed to toxins. Nitric oxide binds directly to cytochrome C oxidase and DEACTIVE IT, turning it into a defective "cancer cell"
• Red light and near-infrared light UNBIND (aka photodissociate) nitric oxide from the cytochrome c oxidase enzyme, restoring its activity.
• ALSO, cytochrome C oxidase absorbs red light which means it gets SUPERCHARGED by red light and increases it's activity!! So you get enhanced cellular metabolism including:
○ Increased energy (ATP)
○ Increase cellular oxygenation
○ Reduced free radicals/inflammation
• 64 obese women 20-40y for 20 weeks. Exercise in both groups, but only one did red light immediately after exercise, done 3 times weekly.
• Women in exercise + red light therapy DOUBLED their fat loss "fat mass (kg; -11.26 ± 2.82 vs. -5.80 ± 2.82; P < 0.0002)"
• Insulin resistance went down "HOMA-IR index (-38.08 ± 9.23 vs. -20.91 ± 14.42; P < 0.0001)"
• Total muscle mass also went up! "(kg; 0.60 ± 1.09 vs. -1.38 ± 1.70; P < 0.003)"
○ 2015, lasers surgery and medicine: The potential of phototherapy to reduce body fat, insulin resistance and "metabolic inflexibility" related to obesity in women undergoing weight loss treatment. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26220050/#:~:text=Experimental%20evidence%20shows%20that%20the,and%20changes%20in%20lipid%20metabolism.
• Forty healthy men and women ages 18–65 years with a BMI <30 kg/m2 were randomized 1:1 to laser or control treatment. Subject's waistlines were treated 30 min twice a week for 4 weeks
• 635– 680 nm used
• Red light increases fat loss from adipocytes by release of triglycerides, without inducing lipolysis or cell lysis.
• LLLT achieved safe and significant girth loss sustained over repeated treatments and cumulative over 4 weeks of eight treatments
○ 2011, obese surgery journal. Efficacy of Low-Level Laser Therapy for Body Contouring and Spot Fat Reduction. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5225499/
• 60 overweight BMI pts,
• 3 times weekly for 4 weeks Low-level laser therapy (LLLT), twice weekly for 6 weeks, or once weekly for 12 weeks
• Majority were female (90%) with an average age of 43.7 years (± 9.2 years)
• Twice weekly for 6 weeks group did the best (1 ± 1.7 (±SD) kg by week 6)
○ 2020, lasers med sci. Low-level laser therapy for weight reduction: a randomized pilot study. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31473867/
• In short: pts lost 3 inches of fat in just two weeks of red light therapy.
• 86 pts, 635 nm, every-other-day for 2 weeks, 20 minutes of anterior and posterior treatment.
• waist, hips, and thighs were measured at baseline and 1 week after the 2 week tx
• 2.99 in mean loss was noted!
○ Waist = -1.12 in
○ Hips = -0.769in
○ Thighs = -1.17in
• 2013, lasers in surghery and medicine journal. Independent evaluation of low-level laser therapy at 635 nm for non-invasive body contouring of the waist, hips, and thighs. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/235377037_Independent_evaluation_of_low-level_laser_therapy_at_635_nm_for_non-invasive_body_contouring_of_the_waist_hips_and_thighs
• Near infrared light can help:
○ methanol intoxication, optic nerve trauma and neuropathy, retinal injuries and pigmentosa, and macular degeneration.
○ NIR light can also help brains to recover from atherothrombotic stroke, brain injury, and neurodegeneration.
• "Clinical studies have also shown that red light irradiation can effectively prevent and control myopia (nearsightedness, aka can't see far away)"
• They irradiate the cornea and retina
• Red light is protective to the cornea, it undoes blue light damage!! "Cell experiments demonstrate that red light has a clear protective effect on the cornea, which can counteract the potential environmental damage of blue light with respect to cell tissue and can reduce mechanical damage to the corneal endothelium induced by high intraocular pressure (IOP)"
○ Blue light is toxic and causes mitochondria dysfunction
• Same with the retina. Red light is protective, blue light is damaging.
2022, indian J Opthalmol. Red light irradiation as an intervention for myopia. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9675534/